1 cup Sabudana/ sago
1 Potato boiled, peeled and cubed
2-3 Green chillies chopped
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup peanuts
1 tbsp oil
½ tsp Cumin seeds
1-2 dry red chillies
2-3 tbsp cilantro leaves chopped
Sendha namak (Rock salt) to taste
Red Chilly powder to taste
- Rinse the sabudana in running water till all starch is out or atleast 3-4 times.
- Soak the sabudana overnight.
- To check if the sabudana is ready to use press it between fingertips, it should be soft and fluffy.
- Roast the peanuts in pan for 2-3 minutes till they are crisp and done.
- Once peanuts cool down, coarsely grind/powder them in a mortar-pestle. You can also make powder of peanuts in grinder but I like it coarsely
done as it adds crunch to khichdi.
- Heat oil in pan and add cumin seeds and dry red chillies. When cumin seeds start crackling add ginger and green chillies.
- Fry for half a minute on medium flame.
- Now add boiled-cubed potatoes and saute for another two-three minute on low-medium flame, as potatoes are already cooked.
- You just need a crispy outer layer for potatoes.
- Now add sabudana, coarsely grinded peanuts, salt and red chilly powder. Stir it for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped cilantro in end. Sabudana khichdi is ready to serve.
- Drizzle some lemon juice and serve it hot.
You can leave a comment here: