(Black grams / Black chickpeas)
(For Ashtami and Maha Navami Bhog festive occassions)
Other food items cooked as bhog for Asthami and
Maha Navami (along with Kaala Chana) are:
- Wheat flour puri
1 cup black chana (soaked overnight in water)
1 tbsp chana masala
1 tea bag of masala tea (optional)
½ tsp coriander powder
½ tsp cumin powder
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
¼ tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
1 tbsp of ghee / vegetable oil. (I use ghee)
- Boil the chana in pressure cooker with enough water , salt and tea bag till done.
Make sure you dont add too much of water as we are making dry chana.
- When chana are done, take out the tea bag from the it.
(Tea bag is used for good dark color and all the flavors of masala)
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds. When they begin to splutter, add all the masala's.
- Now add boiled chana to the pan, along with left over water in chana's.
(left over water should not be more than ¼ cup).
- Give it a good mix and let it cook till left over water evaporates.
- As these chana's are for bhog so you cant taste them to adjust the salt and other masalas.
So be accurate with the measurements.
- Black chana are ready for bhog.
You can leave a comment here: