Wheat flour and semolina halwa
(For Ashtami and Maha Navami Bhog festive occassions)
Other food items cooked as bhog for Asthami and
Maha Navami (along with Wheat flour and semolina halwa) are:
- Kaala chana
- Wheat flour puri
½ cup semolina(Rawa/suji)
½ cup wheat flour
½ cup ghee
1 cup + 2tbsp sugar
4 cups water
1tsp cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
¼ cup Chopped nuts
- Roast the nuts in a tsp of ghee. Keep them aside.
- In pan add the ghee, semolina and wheat flour.
- Stir it continuously for 3-4 minutes on low medium flame,
till it starts being aromatic and the color changes to light brown.
- Side by side keep the water for boiling and also add sugar and cardamom powder to it.
Once the water comes to boil and sugar is dissolved add this water to semolina.
- Make sure you keep stirring it to avoid lumps.
Keep stirring till it start leaving ghee from sides.
- Add chopped nuts.
Halwa is ready.