(Sesame and Jaggery Bars)
1 cup sesame seeds (til in hindi)
¾ cup jaggery
1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
¼ cup chopped pistachios (optional)
- In a pan roast the sesame seeds/til on low flame till they start fluttering(Approximately 5 minutes).
- Transfer sesame seeds in a bowl.
- Now in same pan add ghee and add jaggery. Keep the flame low and keep stirring till jaggery melts completely and it stops bubbling.
- Remove it from the flame and quickly add sesame seeds/til to it and mix evenly.(be careful while handling hot jaggery)
- Now grease any aluminium tray(I used my baking tray).
- Take out the mixture on greased tray and roll it as thin you want with rolling pin before it gets hard.
- Sprinkle the chopped pistachios and roll again.
- Cut it down into desired shape while it is slightly hot .Let it cool down completely.
- Til Chikki/gachak is ready.
- You can store it in air tight container for around 2 weeks.
You can leave a comment here: