Spinach and corn poha
( Poha is thick flatten rice )
2 cups thick Poha / flattened rice (thick)
1 onion sliced (optional)
1 cup spinach finely chopped (washed)
½ cup corn (I used frozen)
3- 4 Green Chillies chopped
Few curry Leaves
1 tbsp Lemon juice (adjust according to taste)
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
1 ½ tbsp Peanuts
1 tsp Mustard Seeds
1 tsp Chana Dal
1 tsp urad Dal
¼ tsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp Oil
Fresh chopped cilantro around 2 tbsp
- Soak the poha in water for around 5 minutes and wash it twice so that it becomes clear and clean.
- Drain all the water and keep it in a sieve for 5 -7 minutes.
- In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds, peanuts, chana dal, urad dal, and curry leaves and stir till they splutter for around 10 seconds.
- Now add onions (if using onion) and green chillies, saute till onions turn to light golden brown.
- Add spinach along with corns,turmeric powder, red chilly powder and salt to taste.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Now add poha, stir nicely till the masala is mixed with the poha. Keep it on low flame for another 3-4 minutes.
- Let it cool for some time and add lemon juice and cilantro.
- Serve Poha with any chutney or tomato ketchup.
You can leave a comment here: